3-D - ONCE MORE YOU HEAR THE DOPE STUFF (COCO BRYCE EDIT)

















Not an awful lot I have to say about this track. I ran across a zip with a vinyl rip of this Three Times Dope ep on one of my "Blog to the Oldschool" plundering missions. The blog's author (DevNull) uploaded it, because he deems the acapella that's featured on this ep to be of serious relevance to oldschool breakbeat hardcore. Which I think is a pretty abt statement, as certain parts of the vocals have been sampled in numerous early hardcore tunes. Especially that "getting busy on the tempo" part, which is probably best known to Dutch hardcore enthusiast for being used in the Weirdo & Sim tune. I quite dig the original version as well as the Chuck Chillout Dope Mix, but once I get my hands on a proper rap acapella, it's very hard for me not to at least try to make an edit of my own. So that's exactly what I went and did. I basically just whacked a Funky Drummer loop and a sub stab under there, added a dose of shitty scratches and pressed play. Enjoy.

Listen & download here.