MARIE LAFORET - L'AMOUR QU'IL FERA DEMAIN






















Ever since I first started posting stuff on this blog, things have been, well, let's say, eclectic.. A bit of skateboarding, a lot of music and whatever else I deemed fun or interesting to look at or listen to. I noticed, though, that I myself barely ever check other blogs. Basically the only ones I frequented over the last couple of years were Blog to the Oldschool and ATFA, both of which feature free music. Music that isn't available digitally anywhere else on the net, or at least not for sale legally on, say, iTunes, Juno, Boomkat, Beatport etc etc.. Of course a proper torrent site might get you anything you desire, but the fun part about those blogs, to me at least, is discovering stuff I didn't know yet.. Anyways, what I'm getting at is this: if there's one thing I like, it's getting my hands on a nice song, whether it be on vinyl, cassette, cd, digi, whatever, doesn't really matter to me.. And another thing that makes me truly happy is sharing it with whoever is interested in hearing those songs, which, I reckon, is pretty evident from the shitload of mixtapes I've dropped over the coarse of the last few years.. So I decided to go and upload some of my personal favourite tunes and give them away for free. Now I'm not going to pretend to be a hardcore crate digger or anything, as I think most of what I'll be posting is not that obscure or hard to find at all, but I'll at least try and make sure they're all tunes you're not able to buy digitally anywhere on the interwebs.. Oh yeah, and it's gonna be an eclectic bunch, mind you.. First off, here's a song by one of my favourite French singers, Marie Laforet. The first time I ever heard any of her songs, was when a couple of years ago, a friend of mine gave me a cd with a bunch of weird pop and rock tunes on there. That cd also featured a French cover of the Rolling Stones' Paint It Black, performed by Marie Laforet. I always quite enjoyed that particular song, but was never really on the lookout for her albums when sifting through crates of thrift store rubbish, until I found a copy of her third LP (which features that Paint It Black cover) for a mere 1 Euro a little while ago. Needless to say I copped it right away, and it turned out to be one of the nicest albums I ever got my hands on. From then on I was hooked on Marie Laforet, and I've bought every single record of hers I could find ever since. The song I've uploaded here is featured on both her first album as well as on a four track 7" ep called "Viens Sur La Montagne". It's called "L'amour qu'il fera demain" and sends shivers down my spine every time I listen to it.. Enjoy.

Listen & download here.