BRIBE - SQUIDGE






















Whoomp, been a minute since I last posted one of these vinyl rips. Lots of work plus a couple of gigs meant I couldn't really find the time to do any write ups. Anyways, here's a nice and energetic early 90's breakbeat hardcore number. Not too much I have to tell about this one. I found it whilst checking YouTube for old UK hardcore tracks, so it's not one of them "fond memories" tunes for me, but I was smitten right when I first heard it, so I went and copped the 12" on Discogs, and that's basically it. I know DevNull posted another track from the same ep quite a while ago on Blog to the Oldschool, but I prefer this here joint. For some reason it reminds me a bit of this PCP record called TEST 2. I don't know why, but it kinda has that same energy to it, like this unstoppable train or something, that seems to never run out of energy, tho they don't really sound alike.. I played it at a new year's rave in Rotterdam last year, and I think that was actually the only time I ever spun it at any of my gigs. My homie Tommy FFF (who was setting up his gear right then) liked it, the crowd seemed to like it, I definitely like it, and I hope you'll like it as well. Enjoy.

Listen and download here.