CYLOB - DIOF '97 (LIKE-A-TIM REMIX)






















This here is definitely one of those "fond memories" tunes for me. It's one of the first ever electro 12"s I bought, back in the mid/late 90's. I think I pulled it from a bargain bin at one the local record stores back then, and for some reason it still goes for very little money up on Discogs, which kind of puzzles me, because there's six tunes on this ep, three of which are full length body poppin' electro beasts. I can't even remember how many times I've played this 12", which is also why the rip sounds a bit gritty, as my copy is kinda worn. But there's a shitload of em up for sale for around 5 bucks, so if you dig it as much as I do, I'd say there's nothing stopping you from grabbing your own copy.
Both Cylob and Like-A-Tim are electronic og's, with their first releases dating back to the early 90's. The latter of the two hails from the Netherlands (Dutch national underrated pride here bruh!!) and released a shitload of ep's on Djax Up Beats, a Dutch techno/electro/acid label with a number of harsh acid classics under its belt (most notably, or at least to me, Edge Of Motion's "Set Up 707"). Cylob is one of the original Rephlex cats, responsible for silly anthems such as "Cut The Midrange Drop The Bass" and one of my all-time fave Braindance choons "Rewind".
According to Discogs, both of them haven't released anything in the last four years, but that shouldn't come as much of a surprise, considering they'd been at it for the best part of two decades. Luckily enough their back catalogue consists of more than enough material to keep you going for at least a couple of days. For now tho, enjoy this catchy slice of breakdance boogie.

Listen and download here.