THE VOICES OF EAST HARLEM - WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE






















And yet another nice lickle Funk number. I found this 7" for 50 cents as well on one of my thrift store missions a couple of months ago. According to Discogs, this particular pressing is pretty sought after, with prices ranging from 23 to 50 Euros. There's two other versions (a promo 7" and a 12" which was released some 14 years later), but both of those feature only one of the songs from this record, "Can You Feel It" and "Wanted Dead Or Alive" respectively.. To be honest I'd never even heard of this tune, or the Voices Of East Harlem for that matter (shame on me), before I found this 7". It was mainly the fluffy looking logo that pursuaded me to cop it, and usually when a label catches my attention, the music turns out to be rubbish, but I guess I got lucky this time. Enjoy.



Listen and download here.